The Italians knew what they were doing when they blended strong coffee brands with the light yet rich zabaglione.
Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Brand Ingredients:
- 2 cups boiling-hot Isles Kona Coffee Blends
- 4 tablespoons fresh ground Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Blend (Kona strong – not bitter with more than hint of chocolate)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Tia Maria (coffee liqueur)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala
- 1 pound mascarpone (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 36 savoiardi (crisp Italian ladyfingers; from two 7-ounce packages)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
Isles Kona Coffee Blend Tiramisu Preparation
- Blend together 2 cups kona coffee blends, 1 tablespoon sugar, and Tia Maria in a shallow bowl until sugar has dissolved, then cool.
- Blend egg yolks, Marsala, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water using a whisk or handheld electric blender until tripled in volume, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove bowl from heat. Blend in mascarpone until just combined.
- Blend cream in a large bowl until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream blend gently but thoroughly.
- Dipping both sides of each ladyfinger into Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee blend mixture, line bottom of a 13- by 9- by 3-inch baking pan with 18 ladyfingers in 3 rows, trimming edges to fit if necessary. Spread half of mascarpone filling blend on top. Dip remaining 18 ladyfingers in Hawaiian Isles blended Kona Coffee and arrange over filling in pan.
- Spread remaining mascarpone filling on top and dust with cocoa. Chill, covered, at least 6 hours.
- Let tiramisu stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving, then dust blend with more cocoa.
Gourmet Kona Coffee Blends Cooks’ Note
Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Tiramisu can be chilled up to 2 days.