Buy Kona Coffee Gelée Ingredients
Why buy Kona coffee along with dessert when there’s a grown-up version of Jell-O? The intense Kona Coffee flavor may not be everyone’s, ahem, cup of tea, but for coffee drinkers who take theirs black, the sweet taste will be perfect.
- Buy Kona coffee gelée:
- 6 tablespoons finely ground dark-roast kona coffee
- 2 1/4 cups boiling-hot water plus 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (from one 1/4-oz envelope)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Buy 100% Kona Coffee for topping:
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
100% kona coffee Preparation
- Make Kona Coffee gelée:
- Buy kona coffee beans then grind to place in a hand-filter-style coffeemaker (not electric) or a sieve lined with a paper filter using 2 cups boiling-hot water.
- Meanwhile, bring granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 cup hot water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water and let soften 1 minute. Stir together hot coffee, sugar syrup, and vanilla in a metal bowl, then add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Chill, covered, until softly set, at least 8 hours.
- Make Coffee topping:
- Force brown sugar through a sieve into a bowl, then add cream and curry powder and beat with an electric mixer or a whisk until it just holds soft peaks.
- Divide Kona coffee gelée among 10 (2- to 4-ounce) cups (such as espresso cups) and top with dollops of whipped cream. Don’t forget to buy kona coffee here!
Buy kona coffee Gelée can be chilled up to 1 day.